Under the direction of the Tribal Administrator, this position will primarily be responsible for the coordination and support to designated Tribal housing programs. Successful candidate must have knowledge of correct English usage grammar, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary; project management principles; principles of administration including budget preparation and controls; grant funding management. Must have the ability to apply cultural sensitivity to Native American programming; maintain confidentiality; assess, plan, evaluate, and implement program activities per program standards; communicate effectively, both orally and writing in a professional manner; prepare clear, concise, accurate records and reports; work independently on assigned duties; operate a variety of office equipment, including computer and software; interpret, apply, and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures; perform interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy; build good working relationships with co-workers, subordinates, clients, and other stakeholders.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: An equivalent combination of education and related work experience may be considered. Two (2) years of related work experience will be equal to 30 college credits and vice versa.
- Associate in Arts degree required in Public or Business Administration or related field and two (2) years of related experience in housing programs, program planning, social services or related field. OR
- High School Diploma or equivalency certificate required and four (4) years of related experience and two (2) years of related experience in housing programs, program planning, social services or related field.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS: To perform and to continue to be qualified for this position, the requirements listed below must be met at a time of hire or may be obtained within a specific amount of time depending on the position requirements. Costs for required certifications, licenses, and registration are to be covered by employee, unless offered by the Tribe.
- This position is required to drive and must maintain throughout employment a valid California Class C driver’s license and insurability under the Tribe’s vehicle insurance policy
- Continuously and throughout employment must maintain OMB Circular Certificate
- Requires a certification in project management
All positions require applicant be at least 18 years of age. Those selected for a position are subject to a background investigation, drug screening and possible participation in the DMV Pull Program. References will be checked.
This position is open until filled.
To learn more detailed information about the position duties and requirements, please contact Human Resources Department at (760)541-5216