Under the direction of the Tribal Administrator, this position develops, implements, and coordinates Torres Martinez Desert Cahuilla Indians “Tribe” emergency response management programs, projects, and services, to protect and preserve the safety of its tribal members, employees and facilities. The emergency response manager must maintain relationships with emergency response agencies to facilitate inter-agency operations in times of emergencies and preparedness. Successful candidate must have knowledge of grantsmanship, including seeking resources; skills in conflict resolution and de-escalation tactics; strong environmental/ hazmat knowledge and experience; applicable tribal, county, state, federal laws and other regulations. Must have ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with strong ownership of his/her function; demonstrate hands-on experience working with challenging projects; interpret, apply and explain laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures; operate a computer and assigned software.; develop timelines and prepare schedules; work independently with little direction; work with people from diverse cultures, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds and must always maintain cultural sensitivity.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Associates degree in in Emergency Management or related field is required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Four or more years of experience in emergency management, disaster recovery planning, program/project management or urban planning required.
- Experience working with Tribal Governments preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Community Emergency Response Team Certification (CERT).
- Continuously throughout employment, must possess a valid California Class C Driver’s License and maintain insurability under the Tribe’s vehicle insurance policy.
- This position has duties and responsibilities that require regular contact with or control over Indian children and is therefore subject to the background investigative process to comply with P.L. 101-630.
This position if open for internal hire only.
All positions require applicant be at least 18 years of age. Those selected for a position are subject to a background investigation, drug screening and possible participation in the DMV Pull Program. References will be checked.
Offer ended on May 22, 2021
To learn more detailed information about the position duties and requirements, please contact Human Resources Department at (760)541-521