Welcome to the TMTT Family Preservation Services – Youth Department
The Youth Department at Torres Martinez Tribal TANF, as part of Family Preservation Services, specializes in the wellness and education of Native children through a variety of programs and events geared towards the positive development of our youth. With programs ranging from Teen Pregnancy Prevention and Drug & Alcohol Awareness to Youth Wellness and Report Card Incentives, the Youth Department is dedicated to the positive direction and encouragement of our children, and maintaining the cultural and traditional values of our community.
Programs offered by the TMTT Youth Department:
- Cultural and Native Speakers – TMTT offers cultural speakers that talk to the youth on life experience and growing up on the reservation. Elders often speak to the youth and tell stories of traditional values. At times, the program will have Tribal Chairman and other Council Members to remind them that they are a valuable asset. The speakers cover a variety of subjects that are geared towards boosting self-esteem and instilling cultural pride in all youth.
- Youth Wellness Conferences – TMTT may offer conferences throughout the year to help the youth deal with life situations that they face on a daily basis. Conference staff encourage educational opportunities and promote spiritual wellness and leadership skills. The conferences develop team player skills and are an opportune time for inter-tribal understanding and appreciation for one another.
- Report Card Incentive Program – All youth that participate in three of the TANF Prevention Programs or Approved School Extra-Curricular Activities are eligible to receive a Gift Card Incentive for good grades. Students will be monitored for any negative changes in GPA and will be offered after school help.
- Intervention & Prevention – TMTT offers substance abuse and teen pregnancy prevention speakers from the community and various organizations. The presenters may use visual aids and provide literature to the youth offering referrals as needed. Parental or guardian permission will be required for all participants.
- Field Trips – Youth that participate in at least three Intervention Programs may be eligible to attend field trips and other exciting TANF events as a reward.
Toll Free: (866) 810-100