Welcome to the TMTT Education Department
The mission of the TMDCI Tribal TANF Education Department is to; provide encouragement, higher learning and vocational program information and educational advocacy in an effort to strengthen academic performance and to empower Native American Students to identify and accomplish their educational goals.
The Education Guidance Councilors Can:
• Coordinate and utilize resources of school, home and community for successful achievement in school.
• Involve parents in ways which help them understand the educational, career, personal and social development of their children.
• Assist students develop a positive self-image through effort to improve self-understanding, self-direction and skills in problem solving and decision making.
• Provide registration information and assistance for the adult student regarding GED, vocational programs, college planning for Associate and Bachelor degrees and educational advocacy.
• Financial Aid and scholarship information
FAFSA-Free Application for Federal Student Aid
“College, Making It Happen”
“Keeping Students Academically Motivated”
Resources to help prepare for college (PSAT/SAT) entrance exams.
The Education Department Coordinates:
• Adult Literacy Program
• “The Best Me I Can Be” Summer Enrichment Program in collaboration with the Coachella Valley School District
• S.A.F.E. Network’s Personal Protection Empowerment Program for ages 5-19