Under the direction of the Director-Information Technology, lead and participate in a variety of complex and technical activities involved in the analysis, installation, programming, application, troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of network systems and related equipment to meet organizational needs; coordinate information and resources to assure proper and timely installation, maintenance, modification and repair of network systems, equipment and devices; train and evaluate the performance of assigned personnel.
Oral and written communication skills.
- Principles and practices of supervision and training.
- Applicable laws, codes, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Operation of a computer and assigned software.
- Train and evaluate the performance of assigned staff.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Operate a computer and assigned office equipment.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
Meet schedules and time lines.
Work independently with little direction.
- Plan and organize work.
Prepare records and reports related to assigned activities.
Work with people from diverse cultures, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds and must always maintain cultural sensitivity.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Any combination equivalent to: bachelor’s in computer science or related field and three years increasingly responsible experience in computer science or related field.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Continuously throughout employment, must possess a valid California Class C driver’s license and maintain insurability under the Tribe’s vehicle insurance policy.
Cisco Certified Networking Professional Certificate, Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert Certification, or equivalent certifications.